Saturday, April 11, 2009

Last Monday

So, one thing I failed to mention in yesterday's post about what we did this past week was.......Bluebonnet sighting!! :D









Monday morning we all piled into the van and drove down the road to see the most impressive field of bluebonnets you have EVER seen! And I am NOT kidding. Acre after acre, after acre, after acre of bluebonnets. I have been living in Texas for twenty years and we have gone out to the country to see bluebonnets for more years that I can remember and I have never seen anything like this before! It was amazing!Along with these fields of nothing but bluebonnets we saw more Indian paintbrushes then we ever have. Being a native Texan and know what I should and shouldn't like because of that I am still going to say this and hopefully no one will accuse me of not being a true Texan because of this. But I prefer the Indian paintbrush to the bluebonnet.





Mainly as a flower by it's self in a field a ways off. Up close, I prefer the bluebonnet. But the best thing? Seeing them all together mixed wonderfully, waving in the breeze. But, honestly I really enjoy the Indian paintbrushes. (I think I just thoroughly confused you!! Right?)





Now, I do LOVE to go bluebonnet sighting with my family! It is so much fun to here the toddlers cry out "LOOK more Bobonnets!!" Or "Look bobonnets and red flowers, they are BEAUTIFUL!!!" I wouldn't pass it up for the world. :D

2 comments:

Dee said...

Thanks for sharing these pics. I've seen a few bluebonnets, & indian paintbrush, this year, but always feel better once I've seen the full fields!

Katarina said...

Your Welcome! I am glad that I could share them!

But let me tell you these picture do not show them to their full beauty! It's amazing beyond words! :D