Monday, April 6, 2009

YIPPEE!!!!!!

It's that time of year!!! The time I have been waiting for! :D

BASEBALL SEASON!!

I waited a day for this post. It really started yesterday with the Phillies and Braves. The reigning world Champs were beat out by one of my least favorite teams--The Braves 4-1.

But the big day (or days) in our house is Opening day for the Red Sox and opening day for the Astros. Both of which were today. The Red Sox have been postponed due to some bad weather in Bosten. Now the Astros don't have that problem. Only during major storms when players can't get to the ballpark have Astros' games been postponed. lol

So tonight going along with tradition, we as a family are going to sit down and watch the game as we eat hot dogs and cracker jacks. (We have only broken away once from this in the past 7 years. When mom and dad had to visit Grandpa in the hospital two years ago.)

This is something that not just the toddlers and Timothy looks forward to. I look forward to this and count the days down from the starting of each year to first the starting of spring training to the start of the season. Each year looking at the team and hoping that this will be THE year they win. We will not know for another 6 months if they are going, but I enjoy it anyways, the ups, the downs, the wins, but not the losses, all the good things about baseball I love and have enjoyed for over 10 years now! :D

GO ASTROS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Red Sox Season Opener Canceled ?!
Red Sox
Exclusive video.

Katarina said...

If I said cancled, I am sorry! I meant postponed.

The Red Sox are playing tomorrow afternoon @ 4:05 eastern time.