Friday, April 10, 2009

This Week...


Let's see, it seems to have been a busy week, but when I sit down and think about what we did it wasn't that much. :D

Sunday--We had lunch at church and then went to a farmer's market down town. Once we got home, even chores were worked on, then dad and I sat down to watch the Braves and Phillies.

Monday--Started with me making vanilla bean yogurt as soon as they were done milking. And then cleaning up the dairy and making a batch of soap for my conference next week. That evening I spent an hour doing my best not blow a gasket over the fact that I couldn't watch the Astros. And we had a farm visit from someone who had some questions about how to take care of her goat.

Tuesday--Started out with pasteurizing milk for that night's market, as soon as I was done pasteurizing, bottling, and labeling. I loaded up all the product, got ready to go and helped a little with getting the younger children ready to go. We--Mom, Sara, Emma, Liberty, Noah, Judah, and Seth--all headed out with a goat and three bunnies for the market. Where we were REALLY busy.

On our way home we stopped at Central Market and HEB for some stuff for our yogurt and Seth's family birthday party that night and Emma's and Seth's non-family birthday party this Saturday.

Once we got home, dad and I unloaded product while they finished the finally touches on the birthday cake. Then we had some birthday cake and ice cream and then crashed.

Wednesday--Started with pasteurizing 18 gallons of milk, only to be reminded that I needed to save some milk for a costumer who has been our costumer and picking up milk from us for at least a year. I can NOT believe I forgot that!! For, some reason I was think it was Thursday (I was even planing what I would do with the milk as if it were Thursday). About half way through bottling a Friend called to see if she could take me and a sister out for lunch. Being very busy I had to say no, but they ended up going out with Chris and Grace. :D

While they were gone, I bottled and cleaned the processing room and then headed out to the trailer to make some soap. With the dairy I have fallen behind in my supplies for Swede Farm Naturals but with my conference coming up next week I am in fast mode making sure i have all my products ready to go.

Wednesday is also the day we got our new herd sire from South Fork. This is our fourth goat from her and we have LOVED them all, very sweet tempered goats, lovely and all around great. :D

Alamo, is a very cute little guy and looks kind of like his half brother that we got three years ago. :D I love that coloring on goats. :) (He's the ear less one. lol )

Thursday--I had to make some chocolate milk, once that was done I headed out to the trailer yet again to make another batch of soap. While I was soaping some friends came for some goat help. They are new to goats and we are helping to learn all there is to goats, just like other people did for us four years ago. :D

That night we had pizza while watching "It's A Wonderful Life". W movie we watch ever Christmas season, but with the Dairy and new markets and family visiting we did not get around to it, so they decided to 'break the rules' and watch it now. :D

Today (Friday)--I got to sleep in late. :D I was not out of bed before 9! :D That felt nice, plus the extra cuddle time with Judah. I had to pasteurize again, this time for the chiefs that buy from us. While it was pasteurizing I bottle some raw for a costumer who was coming out today. :D With that done I am now sitting here typing this while Noah and Judah are supposed to be napping.

That's how it has been here this past week. Plus the added stress of getting ready for a new market tomorrow, making sure we have enough product, ice chest, frozen water bottles. everything is labeled, etc. Very busy time. :D Plus I am slightly stressed since this only my second conference, I am also trying to make sure I have everything, that everything is made, labeled, and packaged correctly.

Along with those things is the fact that we have a birthday party tomorrow afternoon for Emma and Seth and Easter Sunday. :D

So, there you have it yet another overview of a week at Swede Farm. :D

No comments: