Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cats

I don't know what it is but cats do not like me.

When we lived in Houston we had this cat that my parents had before I was born. Who was named after the Red Sox outfield Carl Yastrzemski--Yaz was the cat I grew up with, half the time he lived in my room, because that is where Chris wanted him.

But there was something about me that he did not like, as long as I can remember I would have to walk about two feet around him to avoid his claws. The Claws that always seemed to be able reach a lot farther than one would think possible. And those times when I wasn't careful or he was sharing a bed with Chris and me? Well, let’s just say I have more scares from him than anything else!!

Once he died a few months after moved out here. I thought (as well as my parents) that we were done with cats in our live. What we weren't counting on were the cats that people drop out in the country to live "the idyllic country life", or that I have a few cat crazy sisters, or that we might need some to keep mice down, or, or.....

Well, now we own 8 cats (just watch me be wrong and have a sister leave a comment with the correct amount). Only one is a house cat, in that I mean she is known to sleep in the house and be very annoying when you are trying to relax while watching TV with a cup of coffee. :D

Other than that all our cats are outside cats, 6 of them will NOT come in the house, 5 of them will not let you touch them, and well--I am happy with that as they all do not like me. I wonder what it is, is there something on my forehead that only cats can read that says "She is not a cat lover"? I wonder.....

And how did this all come up? Well, while I was sitting on the coach minding my own business and watching the Astros' game, one of my sisters walked in with one of the 'wild' cats to show dad that she had captured it. While she was handing it to dad it looked at me and gave that evil cat eye that normally is followed by a claw being sunk into my skin. So, I skedaddled out of there leaving the cat to dad and Sara and came in here. Now that it's gone and the living room is cat free, I am going back to the Astros' game. :D

And for all you cat lovers out there have fun teasing them with a piece of string for me, since they won't let me close to them. :D

No comments: