Thursday, October 15, 2009

Swede Farm Happenings

>We're getting EIGHT dump truck loads of sand (yes you read that correctly eight truck loads.) The kids think it's the best thing since seeing over a foot of snow in Virginia five years ago. lol If you remember I posted some about this back in April when we go three loads worth. Well they think that this is better than that. :D

They are sharing two kids per pile right now, before they started sand art it was sliding down the SAND hill on a shovel. Remember the scene from "It's A Wonderful Life", when they are sliding down the ice on shovels? Same thing, except here it’s sand and heat. All the lines and everything were included as well. lol They are having the time of their lives, but I'm don't look forward to the laundry that I will have to be washing today, tomorrow, this week, and next week!! lol

>Today is cheese, chocolate milk, and room cleaning day. I am ashamed to say that my room has taken a back seat to other things these past few weeks, and the pile of books, papers, laundry, and toys is proving that. Even though I don't share a room with a sibling (as in they don't have a bed in there) I seem to share it with the entire family! The olders go in there all the time for books, while the youngers go in there to jump on my bed (it's the only bed in the house that is not a bunk bed besides my parent's and mom's bed is WAY off limits). Not to mention, they love reading the hunting, tanning, gun, and history books that I am always borrowing from the library.

So, with my room being a mini family room it needs constant cleaning and I've had to push it off for more than one reason in the past few days. Yesterday I had had it and made a point to work on it. Though, it seemed that the little that I got cleaned was messed up by a few toddlers. Now today it's looking much better and will hopefully be cleaned by the end of the day.

>Last night was family night--Pizza and ice cream in front of a movie--It happened that we ended up watching a kid movie. And truthfully it really was a kid movie. "The Adventures of Milo and Otis", a movie that I remember watching when I was Liberty and Timothy's age (It sounds weird hearing that come from my mouth!!). All about a cat that accidently leaves its farm home and the dog that follows it to rescue it. It had Emma on down in fits of laughter through the entire thing, while Linnea on up sat there either laughing at the antics of the toddlers or deciding if what they said about farm life was true.

Tonight we are planning on another family night with a movie for the older kids--Jimmy Stewart's "Bend of the River"--Maybe--It's also the first night of the NLCS, which I would like to watch, but I will have to wait and see which we do. :D

>I think that's all that's all that is going on here except for the normal--Milking, markets, processing, school, Dr. Appointments, church, etc.. Life here at Swede Farm is NEVER dull!! :D

1 comment:

Abigail said...

*in hushed tones* ...I love Milo and Otis... shhh!