Friday, October 30, 2009

Movie Review

Our family loves watching movies together. What we prefer are older movies, the older the better, black and white would be great! :D

Once when one of my sisters was asked who their favorite actor was, Errol Flynn was on top, followed by Ronald Reagan. :D A couple weeks ago someone asked me who my favorite actors where and I realized that not a single actor that I mentioned had movie past 1980. Musicals are a hit with everyone and anything that can combine, black and white, music, and Ronald Reagan is a hit with everyone from my dad to Seth. :D

For a long time one of our favorite movies has been "This Is The Army", filmed in 1943, featuring Ronald Reagan and Joan Leslie. This movie is filled with fun acting, great music, and jokes that my younger sisters don't understand yet, but repeat over and over again, only to follow it up with a question like "What's a first Sergeant?"

"This Is The Army" ranks on my top ten list, it's one of the few movies I watch over and over again without getting tired of it (followed closely by "Yankee Doddle Dandy").

What makes it a great movie is that any age can watch it and enjoy it. How can a movie with Irving Berlin music (and acting) and Ronald Reagan go wrong?

No comments: