Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Postseason

This is my favorite time of the baseball season and yet it also my least favorite time of the season. Yes, I know that I just contradicted myself, but it's true.

I enjoy the start of the season, I enjoy watching baseball at any and every chance that I can get during the six months that the season is running (and with MLB.TV I can get a game every day of the week for that entire six months except for the All-Star break).

But I also enjoy the end of the season, to see who comes out as the best team in baseball this year, I enjoy watching all the replays of the best plays that happened this season, and seeing who is this year's best player. I also enjoy knowing that this is the time of year when all the best plays are made, that the broadcasting is at its best and that the teams are all number one in their division.

No, I do not enjoy knowing that within three weeks there will not be another game until mid March, nor do I like the fact that the Astros' season is over.

But I do enjoy knowing that for the next two weeks there will be a game every day of the week, and in most cases there will be a game playing every minute of the day from 1:30 until midnight. (Not like I will stay up that late, but I do have an option if I am still up then.)

Now normally this is one of those times when I am off the wall--"You know if Roy pitches a great game today, then Lance and Carlos can help with their bats tomorrow while Wandy is pitching." Or "They just have to win 11 straight games and they are the Champs".

But not this year, this year my family will not have to tiptoe around me when the Astros lose, since they didn't even have a chance for the play-offs. Thankfully this year I didn't have heartbreak. The Astros were eliminated weeks before the last game of the season and didn't spend the final month making a run for it. So I knew over a month ago that there was not going to be that mad dash for the finish, that they normally make and that there was not going to be any chance that this was "The Year" for them. Oh well maybe next year!

Now, I'm off to root for the Red Sox, as I was raised first an Astros' fan and second a Red Sox fan. At least they have a chance! :D Y’all have fun this fall day as I waste away my time frying my brain watching Baseball. lol

4 comments:

N said...

Ah, well, we won't be losing any sleep staying up watching the World Series this baseball season, since the Saint Louis Cardinals just lost last night. :P

So who are you rooting for now?

Katarina said...

Red Sox all the way!! :D

The Cardinals were my second choice. :D

N said...

Ah, well, so much for that. :D

Katarina said...

I know really! This is one of those years when I almost don't care now. Though, I will watch in hopes that the Yankees lose, and I am not to keen on the Dodgers, not to mention this is my last bit of baseball until March, so I'll take in as much as I can. :D