Thursday, October 29, 2009

Technical Support

At our house I am tech support. If anyone has a problem with anything electronic all they need to do is call Katie. The person might try one, two, or even sometimes four times. But after that it's time to call me. Be it a high tech Laser Jet printer to a remote control, if they can't fix it then they call me.

I don't really mind, in fact I enjoy doing it. The only thing I don't like is making the phone calls when I can't figure out how it works.

I have a hard enough time understanding English, how in the world am I supposed to understand someone whose native language is not English and over a phone no less? I've spent hours on the phone trying to fix the Internet or cable, and having the worst time figuring out what they are saying. Down to the point where they spell out the words for me!! It's rather embarrassing! Not to mention it drives me nuts and I do everything in my ability NOT to call, for who knows when I will end up with someone out of state?

Now, the few times in which I get someone in the states is wonderful, enough even to make me not mind making the phone call (and that's saying something!). Such as last night, I went to turn on the World Series, only to find a blank screen and NONE of my channels! So, I dredge up enough courage to make the phone call (missing out on the World Series is enough to make me want to make the phone call). So, after I get past the machine and get a live person I was relieved when I realized the person on the other end of the line was in the states! :D

After giving the info to make sure he had the correct account. (When he asked how I was related to the person whose name was on the account I wanted to answer with "I'm their tech support". I refrained and gave the honest answer--I'm their daughter.). I love how they get all the info on who has the account and who are then go on in a manner as if you are just saying hi for the first time--"All right Katie, we'll see what we can do for you today. How are you doing today?"

My answer?--"Well, I'm fine except that I've missed the first inning of my ballgame!"
Dish Tech support--"Oh, the Yankees and Phillies? We'll get you up and running ASAP!"

lol And now I know he was in the states, I appreciate those companies that have their tech support in the States!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie and her baseball. Don't get in between her and her baseball if you value you'r life

Katarina said...

Oh, come on!! You know I'm not that bad. It's the chocolate or coffee you want to be careful with. lol