Friday, October 9, 2009

A Few Things

I am greatly blessed!!

  • I'm alive!
  • I have a family that loves me. :D
  • It's below 70 degrees here! (64 to be exact!)
  • Both the washer and dryer are working!! (Before earlier this week either one or the other was broken for the past four weeks. :-S )
  • It looks like I will be able to have a laid back Friday night watching the Red Sox and Angels.
_________________________

WARNING:

When helping a young child pick out how the decorations for their cake, try to lead them away from black. lol

A few years ago for Christmas Christin and I got a cake decorating kit and our parents paid for two classes, and then drove us to our classes every Saturday morning, missing out on sleeping in Saturday mornings. Now, that we both have an idea on how to do decorate cakes and the tools to do the job, I always get stuck with the job. lol

last night I had to make a cake with a race track, since Noah wanted a Mator and Lighting McQueen cake. Thankfully I came out of the task without black hair (I've been known to accidentally 'color' my hair with food and candle dye), but my brothers have not been as lucky. lol Noah, Judah, and Seth have been sporting black mouths all day. :D It's kind of cute but a good reminder of why I don't like using black frosting.

_________________________

We start a new market tomorrow. We had a break for a month from three markets; in that time I went to Austin twice with dad and filled in for mom at Urban Harvest twice so that mom could go to Austin. Now it's back to three markets again. :D

_________________________

Much as I am glad that we have technology there are times I want to kick some of it to the next planet! Like when for some reason I can't log into my e-mail, or when my MP3 player goes dead, due to lack of charging (can't they make these things run forever?), or when the printer either decides not to print or to go into "cool down mode" after printing three pages!! All of which have happened today! Grrr.......

_________________________

Please pray for mom as she continues to fill "green". Her morning sickness has been much worse this time, so much so that she is sending me out to run her errands and flavor the cheese (which she likes to do and had a hard time letting got). Much as we love that there will be a new Carlson next year it is very hard having mom sick (and it's not hard just for me). Thank you!

2 comments:

N said...

Ah yes, the black icing. I've made my brother a race-track birthday cake before...and that black icing never quite tastes normal either. :D And as I recall, my hands looked like I'd been playing in tar or something when I got done.

Katarina said...

Yeah, I notice that as well. But, then I had a hard time eating it, something about the color... lol