Saturday, October 24, 2009

Living In My Large Family--Appliances

>Washer--In a family where doing six loads of laundry a day is a must to stay on top of it all, trying to always have a washer that is working and can handle the amount of laundry we do in a day is never easy. Until three years ago, we always had our main washer and no less than two backups (I remember when one time we had four backups).

>Dryer--The dyer is the same story as the washer, only we keep only one extra as I am always using the line, even when the dryer works.

>Coffee Pot--I've yet to meet a coffee pot that will last more than two months in our house. Either we brew enough coffee that it doesn't work properly or we break the pot and when a replacement pot cost near as much as a complete new set, we are always going the complete set route. (Though, this is the pot that mom says she would love to get).

>Dish Washer--I don't think that I've seen a single one of our washers last us a full year without having to be replaced under the Sears warranty and it felt like we were calling them every month to come and fix the stupid thing. Even with them teaching me how to do everything they did, before we decided not to fix that last one, I could take the entire thing apart and fix anything on it except for the computer board! After the last one broke a little over two years ago and trying to wrestle with Sears to get them to fix the washer repeatedly with no workable washer in the end, mom and dad decided that with the amount of children they had there were more than enough dish washers around to help with the dishes. Though we tend to do a bit more gripping then the washers ever did, have you seen how much dishes a family of 14 can go through!!

>Remote Control--Yeah, I know it's not what you would think of when someone says appliance, but under the definition it fits. :D These things seem to disappear faster than candy in a three year olds hand. Someone will be watching TV, get up to chase a toddler that has something they are not supposed to have set the remote control somewhere and poof it’s gone! And with us having dish network, it's a pain to watch TV without one. It's gotten to the point where dad keeps an extra remote in a locked box so that he always has a remote when he sits down to watch TV. lol

>Toilets-- I know it doesn't fit what we are used to thinking of as appliance, but like the remote it fits the description. :D If you read my mom's blog then you know what I’m talking about. But it seems like I am always replacing or fixing one or both (which is one of my least favorite jobs).

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Hehehe! I'm really enjoying this series!!

Sarah Chips said...

Remote control all the way! It has only been within the last few years that it has been easier to locate it (although it does still tend to disappear from time to time).