Friday, October 2, 2009

Saturdays

If you've followed my blog for a while you will know that Saturday's are our second busiest days of the week. They are also the days when we get up at the crack of dawn or before. :)

Every Saturday since mid November of last year I have been getting up somewhere between 4 and 5, sometimes early, but never later. :D And I was always leaving the property somewhere between 5:30 and 7, depending on the market that I was going to. To be honest I haven't spent an entire Saturday on our property since last December. :D

A few weeks ago we stopped going to one market, leaving us going to only two until the second week of October. I thought it would be really nice just one of those Saturdays to sleep in, not go to a market, sleep till noon, watch This Week in Baseball, relax, and just take the day off. Until I thought of three things

1) I would still have to get up at 4 to pack the ice chests, as that is my job.
2) I would feel guilty for taking the day off while mom and dad were busy at a market and Chris was busy babysitting. :)
3) I really enjoy going to markets--talking with our customers and other vendors, selling out product and buying other vendor's product, going to the library after wards, etc.

Now, here I sit with tomorrow being our last day of only two markets and my last "free Saturday" and what do I do?? I offer to take the big market in Houston all by myself with one sister and a Grandfather, sending mom and dad to Austin so that they can have a break. (Not sure how much of a break it will be with market, but at least they won't have kids around and can have coffee after wards. :D )

Oh, well sleeping in was a nice thought anyways.

Now, that I have had my pity party I'm off to flavor cheese. :)

No comments: