Thursday, October 22, 2009

Living In My Large Family--The Benefits

Here is just a short list of the benefits of living in a large family. Do keep in mind that some of these are things that even those in a not so large family have, and some aren't. While some of these are the benefits of being the oldest.

>There is always a hand there ready and waiting to put in yours as you walk from the house to the dairy or around the property just for the fun of it.

>There is always a toddler who is willing to give you a sticky, slimy, and every so wet kiss.

>There is always someone there who can take over and do your job if something happens to keep you from doing. (Keep in mind that they may not be happy about doing it, but they can and will do it.)

>There is always an older sibling or parent around to make sure you eat, when you get caught up in a project, job, or book and don't want to stop and eat.

>I always have someone that I can give my food to if I don't like it and not get in trouble for "not cleaning off my plate" (and yes, most often it's the boys that get my not wanted food. lol )

>There are more presents for everyone under the tree come Christmas morning.

>You NEVER eat by yourself. (I hate eating by myself!)

>You always have someone who you know will give you their honest opinion. (Whether you want it or not.)

>There are enough people with different skills that almost any problem you have can be fixed.

>You can play any game you want, when ever you want.

>There is always someone else you can hand the child with the dirty diaper to. (O.K., so normally I'm the one who is handed the child with the dirty diaper, but there are times when I pass this job onto a younger sibling)

No comments: